Thoughts of a Drow - Ariel Snow Miller's Journal.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thoughts of a Drow - Ariel Snow Miller's Journal.

Post  EmmaLouise-Ariel on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:37 pm

A dark red, leather bound book stands hidden amongst the thousands of others in the bookcases of Miller's Manor. Looking no different to any other book, it is unnoticeable to any passers by. When picked up, a faint smell of ink and leather radiates from the book. Unlike the other books in the bookcase, it is perfectly kept without a scratch, coming across as brand new. Upon closer inspection, the book cannot be opened as there is a lock around the pages, which can only be opened by the key that Ariel carries in a pocket on her quiver. The spine is still stiff to bend, the pages only slightly yellowed. These are the thoughts of Ariel Snow Miller.

EmmaLouise-Ariel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thoughts of a Drow - Ariel Snow Miller's Journal.

Post  EmmaLouise-Ariel on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 pm

The first 8 or so pages in the journal are ripped completely out, leaving behind tiny strips of jagged paper joined onto the spine. On the first page after the ripped ones is a giant scribble with faint writing underneath in a different colour and style to Ariel's. Ariel's own is elegantly swirled, written in dark red ink on the yellowing pages.

~5th June, 2012.

I fear that I am not myself today. Even though we have been in Miller's Manor for over a month now, it has been my first full day exploring the village of Alabaster, and I am already concerned that people will find out my history. I have sworn both of my sisters to secrecy, but I am not certain that they understand how important it is to me for my past to remain exactly where it is - the past.

Yesterday, Kehani travelled back to Lakeside Castle to catch up with Louisa and Christian. When I spoke of this to her and used them by their first names, she got quite upset and would not even say goodbye to me when she left. I did feel quite guilty, but I can not bring myself to call them mother or father.

Anyway, when Kehani got back from the Castle early this morning, she was equipped with a letter addressed to myself. I opened it and, although it was quite short, I was not prepared emotionally or physically for what I was about to read.

My brother has been killed in a rebellion at home, and Louisa and Christian would like me to travel home and help stop it.

I am not quite sure what I am meant to do. Maybe Bobby will help me decide when he gets back from his travels to France in a few days.

For now, Ariel.

EmmaLouise-Ariel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top