Alabaster RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~THE GAME PLAN~

+4
Karshura
Stefawndah
Dani
Jessyka
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~THE GAME PLAN~ Empty ~THE GAME PLAN~

Post  Jessyka Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Right, so. This is where we'll be keeping track of what's going on in the role-play, as we go about rebuilding it and what not.

~NEW ADMINS & OWNERSHIP~
-Primary Owner: Jessyka [Moi]
-Dani - DaniTranic
-Andre - ISmokeTwoJointsInDaMorning (Could you have chosen a longer username? x])
-Jake - Herus - Administrative Assistant and Room Director

If either of you want a specific job within the role-play, let me know. Andre, I know you said you might want to do training for newer rp'ers and advertising on .com, so let me know if you're still interested in that.

~ROOMS~
-Jess: Main, Village Square, Ravenwood, Black Manor (and its inside rooms. There are about 5-6 of them), Tavern, Med-Center
-Dani: Market, Cafe
-Andre: Outdoor/forested room
-Rachel: Oak Grove [So see HER for linking your rooms, please. Smile]

I know many of you are working on others to add, so please, make sure you link me as is according and tell me where you'd like to be linked. I don't want to have TOO many to start off with, however, so please don't go crazy Smile I don't want anyone wasting their time with rooms that we won't use.

~STORYLINE CHANGES~
Up for discussion. -- Post your suggestions as responses to this topic.
I don't want to stray TOO far from what we have right now, so nothing drastic. Nobody has to make an all new character, but some adjustments might have to be made to existing ones if what we do change calls for it. Minor changes, though.

*Those of you who have been asking about Siege Day: It'll be moved to when it's best for everyone. After we're settled in after this change*

--*---

If anyone has questions as to what's going on, please message me either here or on fatal hotel. I need all the help I can get from you guys right now and I cannot tell you all enough how much I appreciate it and all your support. Going to sound cheesy, but you're all amazing.

I know, right now things suck and I thank you all for being patient ahead of time -- I know this might get a little rocky, but if we pull together we can hopefully get the rp back on its feet.

I'm not letting such an amazing mythical rp die, that I can promise all of you.

~Jessyka

Last edited by Jessyka on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

Back to top Go down

~THE GAME PLAN~ Empty Re: ~THE GAME PLAN~

Post  Dani Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:38 am

*Poke* Greetingz.

Post a reply of what or when you've built a room, so we don't end up with like two or three of the same room.
That is all.
Dani
Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefawndah Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:16 am

We're all here for ya Jess. Tell me if theres somethin else I can do to help out.

Writer Stefan has been thinkin alot about what can be done to improve the storyline
I think we need to come up with a specific ongoing problem within Alabaster that will effect everybody, but not too severely. That way if people get bored of their own storylines or need something to spice up a few scenes that is there. Not plague or something apocalyptic tho because thats overdone. War would probably be too drastic.
Stefawndah
Stefawndah

Back to top Go down

Post  Karshura Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:56 am

Wars may be a bit too drastic, but I feel that as there are two different villages or cities, there should be a varied number of clans or sects that may dislike each other, a territory being claimed by each. This way people within each area could be allocated roles icly of settling disputes. At a V'rp I Rp'ed at, their was the Lycan and vampire elders that settled quarrels among the two races. Im not saying turn this into a twilight battle between lycans and Vampires, but simply two or more covens, as it were, that own parts of the land and do not take kindly to trespassers.

As well as this a royal family of sorts may work. When alabaster was first created there was a council with Lords and Ladies.

Karshura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessyka Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:21 am

I'm not so sure about the ideas of specific clans, especially with the type of rule Alabaster's typically under.

However, I think it might be interesting if the council was brought back. This might also help promote some more species distribution. Any ideas for that?

I don't know why, but the idea of going back to the way things were run originally in Alabaster is sort of appealing to me.
Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:55 pm

I like the idea of the council coming back, if you have the two city thing you can have it so they all make one council. like they have debates and shiz. Or just the council, I miss the council ;3
Dani
Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Karshura Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Just like the old days; A council with members to represent every race. These people will have a say in the happenings of the two? or one city depending on how the council is organised.

One village however could be the home of rebels, non council, anti authoritarian and liberal youths or families that hate the system. Thus one village would have a council and the other would be pretty wild. This 'wild' community may have a representative at the council for ic purposes I dunno.

Just a suggestion that should be extended upon.

Karshura

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefawndah Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 am

To be completely honest I dont like the idea of having two villages.
This is ALABASTER rp right? If another village is added into the mix it might be too much. While your suggestion is a good one Ray, I think the approach should be more toward getting the rp back to the way it was on .com, THEN adding more to the storyline. Also what about the other 4 villages? BlueAsh and all that? They were all pretty different in terms of how they were run and what went on in them, so I dont see why we cant rebuild those areas and have those be options. BlueAsh was typically the shaddy mysterious village and Isadora was a place for more outwardly rebellious people. Honestly it might be the best choice right now. If we add in another village I think it might mess up the current storylines TOO much. Maybe we can modify one of the existing four and call it a day.

But yeah, you have my vote for the council.
Stefawndah
Stefawndah

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachela Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:18 am

Sorry I'm late jumping in to this conversation. Dance has been crazy the past week, trying to scramble to get shit together for the performance coming up. And a costume back-order and ughhh.

Anywho.
Oak Grove is done. So y'all better come and give me your teles so you can move your adorable asses into Alabastah.
I'll get it linked up to the village whenever I see Jess online.

THE THING ABOUT THE TWO VILLAGESS:
I agree with Stefan on this matter. Two villages = too much. Plus, won't that fuck up the history for Alabaster? The history is has now is already extensive enough and nobody wants to sit and read a 10 page word .doc post about how the two came into exitanse or some shit. And seen as how we only have about 5-7 members that rp here, it's going to be too much effort to build rooms that probably won't get used. Which, y'know, sucks.

I think that maybe Isadora or BlueAsh could be modified.
Btw, what der fook is happening with the Ari-Cassius-Alanya storyline now that we need to decide Roman's fate? Can't we say Ally and Ari teamed up, killed him, and ate his liver or some shit? I might have to completely scrap Alanya at this point -.- Thaaanks Poppinjay
Rachela
Rachela

Back to top Go down

Post  Karshura Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am

To by honest, I wasn't too fond of the concept of two villages forming, it was simply an idea that was floating around and I'd thought I would mention it. Maybe that can wait till Alabaster is as it was back in '11. The only reason the idea of two villages was produced was to bring the land of Obsidian back into the roleplay, as Jess put effort into creating it on the forum rp and it would have made sense to introduce it into the Habbo/Fatal Rp as well. Alas, I agree with Stef and Rach, One village should exist till more members join and Alabaster reaches it's former glory once more.

Many roleplays that I have been at, involved ac Council, but Royalty that governed the council. Is that a thing that may exist in Alabaster' future. The people could pick a monarch of sorts, or maybe altering the story line to assume that there was always a king or queen. Just another Idea that im putting out there.

Rooms I have created are as follows:

>Lycan Camp Entrance
>Lycan Crossing
>Lycan Temple
_Lycan Camp

I made these rooms so less people will result in being vampires. A land that is owned by a particular race may give an incentive for more roleplayers to choose Lycan and 'were' characters.

>Chapel
>Library
>Blacksmith
> Weapon shop of sorts

Just extensions to the City itself.

To Rach, I have made a manor for my character that i wish to link to the Grove, Ill speak further about this when I am online

My characters manor has other rooms within it that may be used such as an orphanage which will have empty rooms for new character who fit such a category.

And Finally, we were chatting about an idea that will unite the people, What if the people began to feel less free within alabaster, voting for a new leader that led the city into corruption or something, It would mean small groups of people could get together to rise against this dictator. Obviously this is for times when Alabaster has, once again, reached what it used to be in popularity.

Ray--->

Karshura

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachela Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:05 am

Sure. let me know when you'll be on. I can ask Jess to collect teles from people too but it might just be easier for me to grab em. The orphanage is a great idea btw

A monarch was brought up before but nobody seemed to like the idea. Plus the titles were always a little wishy-washy. Usually whoever is leading the village at the time is known as the Lord or Lady.

The village has ALREADY undergone another revolution.
ICly, what has just happened: A revolt was had against the Rossettas, leaving people within the village in charge. Currently it's Ariane governing the city and ICly trying to restore the council (the idea was talked about in a scene between a few of us before this brainstorming sesh). Tbh I dont think it's within Jess' char to become a dictator since the people ruling it BEFORE were dictators. This revolution has already happened and power struggles within roleplays are too overdone. Lets have a council and leave it at that. No political revolution. It's already happened and doing it again is going to be redundant and boring to those of us who are already here. Even in the future I dont like the idea simply because the Council and the Blacks being in the city were what made Alabaster awesome as it was back in '11; a reminder of the village's history and a reminder of the changes coming in the future at the same time.

Rachela
Rachela

Back to top Go down

Post  Karshura Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:11 am

Ah Maybe I need to refresh myself on the history eh, That's what being gone for a few months does to you. Thanx for the update Rach. A brainstorming sesh seems like a good idea, both icly and oocly, We need to decide upon something small that will link everyone together, other than the things we already have. Stef mentioned a plague being too drastic and a war being too excessive. Tbh, I feel like we should just make the rooms, connect everything together, and then scene for a few weeks. After more members have joined and everyone is comfortable, THEN we should start on something else to unite the people.
Ray--->

Karshura

Back to top Go down

Post  Stefawndah Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 am

Plot twist: Cassius takes over and the village goes communist.
Jk.
I agree with Rach. Ive been in power-struggle rps before and it gets too old too fast. A monarchy could definetly be cool though if more people were up for it.

One thing Ive always noticed the rp lacks on is characters who work.
This is a minor suggestion but if more characters had specific jobs, it could make individual storylines more interesting. Not the typical assasin type stuff though. That's cliche. Trades and what not, I mean. People could have shops or use Dani's market to sell their goods. Obviously this would require some character modding for exisiting chars that want to do this, but it would still be cool.
Stefawndah
Stefawndah

Back to top Go down

Post  Karshura Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:24 am

Exactly. People should have roles within the Roleplay and they should stick with those roles. If a space is already taken, you should make a character that icly asks to become that roles apprentice. E.g A doctor already exists in Alabaster, so if you want to be one as well, you must become an apprentice to the original doctor. Of course, this will severely limit Biographies and backgrounds of characters who may have had lets say a doctor father who taught them everything.

Also, Finances. I have been to many rps where they have set finances that they earn for doing jobs and work. They may write how much they have on their motto or bio or w.e. Of course who ever manages this will have a heck of a job on their hands.

Before, on the 'olden alabaster forum, there used to be a draft Bio section, where a person's bio had to be approved first. If we brought this back we could filter out the Mary Sue and cliched Biographies.

Ray--->

Karshura

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessyka Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Great suggestions guys. Keep them coming.

~Draft Bios could easily and absolutely be brought back. I may see if Dani wants to be the monitor for that as one of her jobs as admin. I would absolutely love to be able to screen through biographies for potential Sues/Stus.

~As far as work goes, I think, perhaps, we could set up some positions within some of the places around town and have members ask about obtaining those? Some jobs could be a waitress or waiter at the cafe, a bartender at the tavern, or even (going with Ray's doctor idea) some sort of nurse or EMT? Jobs and work would definetly at a lot to people's characters, though, and give them something to work with should they ever find themselves without a scene.

Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Herus Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Hey guys!
Been having a read through some stuff, nice to see you're all getting involved in Jess' take over as owner.

Just a quick message to let you know; I haven't left as in, gone from the RP all together.
I'm merely demoting myself from Admin-ship and without being too kiss-ass - I'm just letting the brains of the Rp get on with running the Rp.

So no killing off my chars please, Rach!
Don't worry about the storyline with Ari-Alanya and Roman, I'll still be coming on to Rp.

- Just a note -
Not sure why Jess gave you the impression I was going to Vanish.
I have things going off in Real-life atm, and honestly its a good thing for me as a person as I have been going through a very rough patch since my dads death.

So long story short-
feel free to get pissed that I demoted myself.
I'm not leaving totaly or for good or forever.
I will still be online
I will still be Role-playing as my 2 chars. And I will try and be on-line as usual.

-Seeing as everyone is getting involved in building, Jess you know you can lemme know if you still want my rooms etc.
Mainly, the tavern, forest etc. Obvs you'll do the Main.

Herus
Herus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachela Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Damnit no liver eating for Alanya
Rachela
Rachela

Back to top Go down

Post  Herus Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:37 pm

AH HA!

Btw I have a tele for you to link to Oak grove.
Its to Asher's caravan, eventually I'll get motivated to build Hemlock Cottage for Roman.

Herus
Herus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachela Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Herus wrote:AH HA!

Btw I have a tele for you to link to Oak grove.
Its to Asher's caravan, eventually I'll get motivated to build Hemlock Cottage for Roman.

THEN can we eat his liver?
Rachela
Rachela

Back to top Go down

Post  Herus Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:54 pm

No. Asher is awesome - He is my new primary char. I am VERY EXCITED to play him as my Prim' and to be a 'member'
*Roman is fleeing to Russia, so as to give Ariane space (broke up) -nod
Herus
Herus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karshura Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Ouch, Dumped on a forum

Karshura

Back to top Go down

Post  Herus Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 am

Ikr its so low. LOL
Srsly though - Nah, it was Jess' idea so it s'all good.
Herus
Herus
Admin

Back to top Go down

~THE GAME PLAN~ Empty Okay guys,

Post  Jessyka Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:44 am

Deep breaths.
I know this week has been confusing as hell so far, and everyone has their own idea of what's going on.

I know you guys may wind up a little annoyed with me about this, but after a long conversation with Jake, we've come to another agreement as to what's going to happen with Alabaster's running. Jake does not want to completely leave the role-play and, as its founder and having owned the rp in its various forms for almost three years, we've come to the agreement that it would be alright for him to help out in some administrative things. I will still be the role-play's official owner, however, Jake will help out with organizing rooms (because we all know that's his area of expertise) and, if needed, he will also help out with other administrative things. If you want to put a title on it, you can call him an administrative assistant.

Things are going smoothly otherwise and I plan on tweaking the forums tonight, so that way we can hopefully re-open this weekend.
Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Herus Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:18 am

Hey guys

Ill be organising rooms in the RP for Jess as 'Room Director'.

Please get in touch via my MSN (guitarguy-jake@html.com) or on FatalHotel (Herus).
- Let me know what rooms you are adding
- What rooms you'd like to add in the future

Herus
Herus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessyka Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Okay guys this is important, so everyone needs to read this post. I've been doing some brainstorming and I think I've come up with an interesting plot twist.

Let me know what you think of this and if you have any ideas to stem from it, let me know.

An incident has occurred within the heavily lycanthrope populated village of Lockwood, ME, US that has caused the migration of many of the village's residents over to Alabaster in search of refuge. This could be a good way to incorporate Ray's lycan camps into the rp. Could bring in new characters and also be a good way for new members to work their way into existing, individual storyline of characters and inspire new ones [However, not EVERYONE should create a new character, as it will diminish the rps backbone]. A new twist as those native to the village struggle with those of another country and slightly different culture come in.

Jessyka
Jessyka
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum